Importance of Lunch Breaks
Most people think that lunch breaks can be skipped or rushed, however they allow us to pause and gain new insight. It is recommended that we sit down and have an actual meal that allows us to slow down and give us time to socialise which with our colleagues, having a positive effect within the team.
Hrmagazine mention that a recent report has found that over 50% of workers will work through their lunch and believe that their organisation has a culture of not taking lunch breaks. When you check through email and work while eating, you are likely to develop mindless eating which can have a negative effect on your health and diet.
You could try eating away from your desk or even go outside to eat especially on those rare sunny days. This could stimulate your body to produce vitamin D – Al Fresco dining is perfect for a breath of fresh air and a change of scenery is great to refresh the mind.
Another important aspect of lunch is having a wide selection, some people prefer a healthy lunch while some may wish to treat themselves after a long meeting which is why at Hand Picked Hotels, we have a number of different choices. Either way, there is no denial that lunch important for you and your delegates.
View our lunch options below or find the perfect venue for your meeting or event here.
Fast track lunch
The fast track lunch consists of homemade soup of the day, a selection of open and closed sandwiches made with continental style breads and wraps, homemade chips and fruit platter. This is served in your meeting room and is ideal of the minimum of disruption to your working day.
Hot & Cold Finger Buffet
This option offers you a selection of hot and cold small delicacies that are easy to eat without cutlery. It can be served in the room, in an adjacent area or even outside weather permitting.
- Mini cheese burgers with tomato and onion chutney
- Tempura fish and triple cooked chips
- Crispy chicken, roasted red chilli and lime wraps
- Mini soup shots
- Grilled vetetable, haloumi and rosemary skewers
- Warm tart of grilled artichoke and blushed tomatoes
- Sea salted bread sticks, red pepper and chick pea dip
- Fresh fruit kebabs
- Pop cakes with bittersweet chocolate dipping sauce
Working & Networking Lunch
This option offers you individual portions which are easy to eat and can be eaten standing if your delegates feel they need to stretch their legs after a long morning. The working lunch is served in your meeting room, in an adjacent area or outside (whether permitting) to allow your delegates some time away from the meeting room or simply to network.
- Caesar dressed salad
- Bowl main courses
- Ale battered code, mushy peas, tartar sauce
- Wild mushroom and black truffle risotto
- Duck fat chips
- Selection of seasonal vegetables
- Fresh fruit
2 Course Plated Lunch
This option offers you a two course sit down lunch for those wanting a restaurant style light meal. It can be served in one of our restaurants or in your conference room
- Hot smoked salmon fillet, parsley buttered jersey royal potatoes and market vegetables
- Strawberry and rose petal Eton mess
2 Course Hot & Cold Deli Style Lunch
For a minimum of 12 delegates, this option offers a more substantial and traditional lunch buffet with salads, meat, fish and vegetarian dishes (which can be eaten either as a deli sandwich or as a lunch plate), potatoes and desserts. It can be served in one of our restaurants or private rooms.
- Freshly baked basket of continental breads and wraps
- Garlic, lemon and thyme roasted locally reared turkey breast
- Cumin scented Scottish salmon fillet
- Smoked paprika grilled sweet basil bell pepper, tofu and marjoram
(Option five is only included in the premium and executive packages and subject to room hire charge.)